Carrots in smoothies!? Whoa…
It is actually not as bad as it sounds. Carrots have a delicious sweetness to them that pair perfectly with frozen mango and ginger.
I got the inspiration for this smoothie from Honeybee Juice Co. Honeybee does a carrot mango ginger smoothie with fresh pressed carrot, ginger, apple, and lemon juice, and then adds in more ginger root, some frozen mango and banana, and blends everything together.
Well, I don’t have a juicer, so I stuck with whole organic carrots instead.
I was deliberating on what liquid to put in this smoothie. I usually do unsweetened almond milk, but I just didn’t think that would work here…
Coconut water was the next choice. I experimented, and it turned out great!
The ginger gives this smoothie a nice spicy kick. This smoothie is a great way to get energized in the morning, or as a cold treat after a hard workout.
- 1 large organic carrot, chopped
- ½ cup frozen mango chunks
- ½ cup frozen organic strawberries
- 1 inch ginger root knob, cut in half
- 1 cup coconut water
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add ice cubes if you want a thicker smoothie.